Spay / Neuter
All dogs and cats in the City of Dallas must either be spayed or neutered, or the owner will need to obtain an Intact Animal Permit.
There are a few exemptions to this ordinance:
- Dogs and cats under six (6) months of age;
- Dogs and cats unable to be spayed/neutered or is permanently non-fertile for health reasons;
- Service animals;
- Competition cat or competition dog;
- Dogs and cats for adoption at Dallas Animal Services, other animal welfare groups, or for sale in licensed retail pet stores; or
- Owners holding a valid Intact Animal Permit
DAS and our partners strive to provide free and low-cost spay/neuter services for Dallas residents. Availability of these services, however, is dependent upon funding, and programs and offers change frequently. Please call 214-670-8248 for more information, or visit us on Facebook at Facebook.com/DallasAnimalServices.